Sunday 25 September 2011

Week 5!!!

So what's happened this week?
We aswtarted a new topi about the nature and haratr of God, the speaker was really good the lectures remeinded me of being in RS lessons so i'd heard some of the stuff before and I did find myself having to stop myslef asking loads of debate questions about eh issues he bought up!
Wednesday I had my first mini-preach which actually went okay, lots better than I thought it would I didn't have half my points until work duty on Monday you an learn lots when other people are bugging you so I guess that means that next time someone bothers I shouldn't complain right? Ummm I'll think about that one!
Wednesday was also my first cooking session- i've done quite well to not have to do it until this week! We had lots of fun in the 'kitchen'- clay furnaces! We tried to avoid having to cook greens but got told we had to go and pick them, we then nearly burnt them- I love the African way for dealing with something that’s burning- pour cold water over it! With all this drama we spent half the time laughing which I am very thankful for as I know other people have had not so good kitchen experiences!
Thursday evening was very exciting because post arrived- we don't know what had happened to it because the post stamps for when some of it arrived in Jinja is over 2 weeks ago- we can only assume that it's been in YWAM's central office up until now! Anyway I an go and collect my package from town today, and seeing as there is no internet I might add today’s adventures to this post before it goes up anyway!
Friday we had a crazy work duty which involved taking EVERYTHING except the bunks but including the mattresses out of the room! We then had to clean it all and scrub the walls, it was so much effort to take it all outside and made me realise how much stuff I must have already gained from being here because my suitcase couldn’t hold it all! After a few arguments mainly with the staff about where our bags were allowed to go when everything came back in, because apparently before our room was disgusting, we have finally got everything sorted and our room does look nicer- but who knows how long that will last! We got new curtains as well so the windows are now properly covered :D I actually got to sleep past sunrise this morning!
In myself this week hasn't been so good, with all the chaos and madness i've struggled to keep on top of everything, like my Bible reading and journal, which unfortunately has meant a couple of times this week I have just wanted to go home nothing sounded better than my own room and some pizza! But I made it through the week PTL and I know i'll make it through the next 44, God wouldn't have called me here otherwise and when I get weak he will carry me through the hard days. I know that is what I have to trust in- some day’s that's hard but I know that the hard times will make me stronger and that's what will 'change' me- things grown in the valleys and the rain right?
Anyway I must go try and do some reading and journalling before going into town...
so it was a good day :D I got waffles and bacon and syrup for breakfast at ozzies and I pikes up my packages in town even though I only new that one of the had arrived the second was there too :D
me and jenny then spent a couple of hours dancing round the dinning room which was amazing but also made me realise how unfit i've got!
Sunday (which is now today) we went to a church as DTS which was good, very African and 3 and a half hours long! But the DTS guys that did stuff in it did really well and I spent half the service holding this beautiful baby girl!
Thats all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Have a fantastic Birthday Verity

    Enjoying your blogs, take care,

    Phil, Nicolai, Kiera & Eden xxx

    ReplyDelete