Saturday 3 September 2011

Finally internet is back!

 
Fellowship
so I have to tell you about Thursday night fellowship at Tim and Jackie's (the base leaders). It's a gathering of whoever wants to go on the base, there were about 15 people there, Tim spent some time sharing about holiness and how we should strive to live a holy life, it was a really powerful message and really encouraged us to pray for hatred of sin. We then played some AWSOME games!!! I will have to show you them once i'm home, but I was so much fun. I felt so at home and relaxed there, maybe for the first time I didn't leave something feeling exhausted or as if it had been effort which was such a blessing. So right now i'm just thankful so that time that allowed me to be refreshed and feel at home. The bad news was that the internet was taken down by a storm and repair is taking a while!

So we went into Jinja on saturday for some shopping and then we went to the kindfisher hotel on the edge of lake victoria which has an awsome swimming pool :) I got a cheeseburger and chips which was to die for!!!!!! it was good just to chill out away from the chaos of the base or town. There was an orphanage group in the pool when we were there and we played games with them and has them singing high school musical which was really funny :)

also been to out first african church service we went with our base leaders- curch starts at 9 so we went at 10:30 and it still went on till 1!!! it was exciting but the preach just went on and on and on and on....... it also rained during the talk so we had to stop and worship for a bit because you couldn't hear a thing!!

Dinner time here is exciting when we get chibati :) normally we get some combination of Irish potatoes, beans, rice, cabbage, spinnage and posho (which is don't really eat) so the food is mostly edible but not varied. Peanut butter has become my best friend especially with banana sandwiches for breakfast!!! I am however missing chocolate but rice and nutella for dinner one night was my best food invention so far! Pineapple here is actually amazing and seeing as I don't like it at home thats saying something, I’ve also braved eating watermelon and avocado so far which weren't as bad as back in England!

In other news, we have rats in our room, it fell through the hole in our celling one night and although the boys have gone up through the hole and found the nests they haven't got round to killing it yet!
I also braved going for a run! A couple of laps round the football pitch, good exercise but I missed the smooth paths of home rather than playing dodge the holes and jump some brambles, it was more like a steeplechase!

Work duties have started and so far I have had to clean the floor or our classroom by pouring buckets of water over the floor and then sweeping it out the door, I had my first experience of African farming, dropping seeds into holes and covering them with soil using my foot, after a couple of hours my feet we're a couple of Kg heavier and everyone was covered in mud!!!! I had wash up today which luckily wasn't to bad although didn't do my back any good which is currently killing me (prayer hint)

This week our speaker has been talking about sin, repentance and forgiveness, it's been really interesting to here what he has to say.

I have so much else to say but I just cant think right now! Anyways sorry about the really long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment