Tuesday 20 September 2011

Month uno!

So my mum told me that I haven't blogged in a while and I guess she's right so....
I've officially been in Uganda a month which is totally crazy- it doesn't feel like it's been that long at all and although I don't want to wish my time away it's nice that time is going by without too much effort!


The last week has been a bit of a roller-coaster, Sunday I went to Calvary chapel church which was good a bit of a mix between engligh/african church so that was interesting. We then went to flavours for lunch and I got these amazing kebab things and hot chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream! YUM! The internet wires got stolen on Monday so we were cut of from the outside world again! We had work duties on Monday which involved cleaning the whole of the massive dinning room- that wasn't so fun! We did however got porridge afterwards, african porridge is very runny and you drink it, it's surprisingly nice especially with nutella!
On wednesday I did my first African grass cutting- know and slashing- you get a mettal pole with a sharp and an hack at the grass- it's hard work and blisters are inevitable! Gardening also happened on Friday when we spent an hour pulling up weeds, it had just been raining so we got extremely muddy! Thursday I got ill which was nasty I had a stomach ache and headache for a couple of days.
On the plus side, the talks were good (once they started, our speaker didn't turn up for the wek so we had a DVD instead!) I learnt a lot about deliverance and demons which was interesting!

Saturday was the best day I’ve had here so far, Iran! (about 1mile) Then had a lazy couple of hours before me Becca and Katie went into Jinja we went to the source for lunch and I got a cheese burger and an iced mocha! Which was amazing and cost the equivalent of £1.10 :D

we then went to Shalom orphanage in Bugembe (one of the local villages) and spent just over an hour there, they have about 20 kids there from 2-16 and we played games with them and they showed us their dances which they perform in churches and places which were really amazing. We joined in for a bit but the kids kept laughing at us so I guess that means we weren't very good!

Sunday I spent 2 hours washing and went into Kakira for some luch, we bought Rolex's which are chibatti and egg- LUSH :) I also got hit my a boda-boda, I’m not joking it just drove straight into me while I was talking to someone. I'm not hurt PLT however it did continue to try and drive through me once it realised it had hit me! That wasn't so fun!

I think that's all for now! I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment