Thursday 15 March 2012

where i am suppoed to be?

So this is something that I’ve been thinking about for a while now and it was preached about on Monday at devotions so I thought I’d share my thoughts once again.

Where are you right now? Are you working in an office, teaching, studying or somewhere on the other side of the world in a remote village no one has ever heard of?

How did you get there? Did it take months or years of consideration, planning weighing up all options or did you wake up one day and just decided to do it?

Are you doing what God wants?

Why do I even care? Does it even matter anyway?

1.       I’m in Wiraka, Jinja, Uganda

2.       God called me, I followed

3.       Yes, I believe so

4.       Because I’m where I’m meant to be at the right time and nothing could be better!!!!!

Okay so this might seem kind of random. But recently I’ve been thinking about life, aim and purpose, my future where I’ll end up and who I’m going to be. Trying to put everything together and not coming to any conclusions. And then I stopped and asked myself, does any of that matter right now? For right now I’m where God wants me to be. And no matter where that is it’s the right place.

Being in Africa so many people have spoke written and e-mailed the words “I’m so proud of you” and yes it’s great and it uplifts me each time I hear or read it, everyday that encourages me. But then I look at who I am and ask why? I am just a normal 19 year old, who is doing what God called her to do, for me being in Africa might be easier for me to do than for the girl with severe dyslexia that God called to university. So what makes me different? Would those people still be proud of me if I was just studying at home?

The truth is that God has a calling for everyone whether you know it or not. God has a plan and a purpose for each one of us (Jeremiah 29:11, “for I know the plans I have for you” says the Lord) for some people that plan is to travel into the deepest darkest parts of the world to bring the gospel, for some people it’s to be a nurse, for others Gods calling is to be a stay at home mom! And you know what... it’s all something to be proud of!!! The challenging is standing up and saying “Here I am Lord send me” and sometimes we don’t even know where that will be.

I didn’t know where God was going to send me when said to God “nothing’s going to hold me back, I will follow you to the ends of the earth”. Now you might be thinking that I made a pretty stupid statement back then because since I had to make the hardest decision I’ve ever made and spend a year I Africa, but in fact it was probably the wisest decision I have ever made, because nothing can be greater than doing what God asks you to do, and when you’ve already said yes it makes facing the challenge a whole lot easier because there is no backing down! God’s love drives us every day!

God is proud of us whatever we are doing and whoever we are. Doing what you were made to do and what you are called to do will bring YOU the greatest satisfaction and the most joy in life. We all have our own calling and God will speak it at the right time, when you need to know and not too early and not too late, God speaks with perfect timing. Stand up step up, say yes to God and in his perfect timing he will use you in ways you had never even though were possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment