Saturday 8 October 2011

Week 7

 
I'm currently sitting in the source cafe in Jinja with a chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha :)~ so you could say i'm doing pretty good, internet on the base is still down, I think they got it back for a few hours before the wires got stolen again!
Well this week my small group leader Nehemiah told me that I’m getting louder, I guess that means I'm officially at home here now! Tuesday was an exciting day because we finally found out where we're going on outreach! Kenya and the Tanzania! Not sure exactly where in those countries or what it is we'll be doing there but it's good to know now where we are headed, it's going to be a good yet testing time for us, no less because starting next week until the end of outreach we have to get up at 5am to spend on hour praying for outreach before quiet time! I am excited for going on outreach though but I know we are going to be stripped back to basics even more than we already are and I know that these experiences e.g. sharing a mattress with 2 others will be challenging but will really grow me!
This week I also started reading 1 of my books for my DTS, “it is really you God?” by Lorren Cunningham- the founder of YWAM, it tell s the story of YWAM and how it started but it's also really encouraging so I would recommend that you find a copy and read it!!!!!!
Thursday we had a day (morning) or prayer and fasting, which is funny because this weeks ;lectures were on orayer and intercession, so we got to prectice what we had learnt! I think the most important thing I learnt this week was to pray with expectancy and faith that what you are praying for will happen, I mean sometime we don't have faith because we don't want to be let down when our timing doesn;t fit with Gods, but i've learnt that this week we just have to have faith and more faith and more faith and continue to have fait that our prayers will be answered when the timing is right! I feel it was a very productive morning and am excited for some things, but I cant tell you about them yet.... hehe
Friday, ah yes Friday, I think I broke my toe..... I know I need to stop cutting. Hurting my feet, thus time it wasn't hitting a rock or falling over. I dropped a hoe on my foot whilst weeding for work duty! My foot is now steri stripped and plastered, partly to stop the dirt getting in, partly to stop me trying (and failing) to bend it and partly to stop the nail falling off! I'm fine tho! :) I was even fine enough to (stupidly) try and run during boot camp- that failed but I did get a good ab work out :)
I think that's about it for this week! Although one last strange thing this week I have been homesick for lakeside- typical Essex girl I know! Hahaha! So if you wanna pray for me about that then please do, and also that I have a very clear instruction about what God wants me to do at the end of this year! Missing y'all ( in the words of Becca) have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. Amen on your comment that we sometimes lack faith when the things we pray for are not in-line with the schedule God is on. It is true that we mus have double-the-faith in times like those. God Bless, be safe and continue spreading the Word of God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you lovely! And you be patient about that toe! Will post to facebook and remind people on Sunday that you still exist. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete